Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying that I am not a racer, maybe someday but not now. I like to ride for fitness and stress relief. I also try to eat decent so I feel better on the bike and life in general. It seems like a few times a year, I pretty much just throw my healthy eating out the window and snack on sweets, eat larger portions, eat things I normally would not, ie fatty foods. I do this and tend to put some weight on, get disgusted and go back to a more balanced diet. Just curious if others do this through the year.

·
Premium Member
7,264 Posts
If I'm training I usually have a cheat meal once in a while but eat well all other times because I don't like to waste time and effort. Diet is huge to your progress.

·
Registered
874 Posts
My season just wrapped up. I couldn't wait to get a fast foot burger for the first time since Spring. Wound up very disappointed and went straight back to my rabbit diet and chicken breasts.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
if it takes mental effort to maintain the discipline.... it is best to take a break than to have a break down when you least want it!

i am more than 5 lbs heavy right now.

·
Registered
636 Posts
best way i found not to have a hugh blow out is to factor in 1 day a week of 'enjoyment' food. Nothing over the top but a reward for the hard work. That way I manage to stay around my 150lb fighting wieght all year

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
My problem is the guys in the office don't help. They bring in donuts and stuff and I have no control.

Tipped the scales at 170 the last couple of weeks (was 165 in August). I don't buy junk food but some how it comes around to me anyway.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
I manage to hover in the 160-165 range during racing season, and typically gain 5 lbs off season.

During the racing months, I can get away with indulging more frequently given the pace of racing and training. However, it catches up to me come rightabout this time of year. Indulging needs to be monitored.

On the whole, Lamb, cheating every now and again will not hurt you. If and when you hit the Cat 1 or beyond, then eating like a supermodel is of utmost importance.

·
Grip it and rip it.
1,219 Posts
Yeah my diet has been way off track for the past couple of months (but still not terrible). The way i see it, it doesn't matter as long as i get it back on track when i start training seriously. Nice to have a mental break from thinking about what i eat the whole time.

·
nOOb
681 Posts
I always take a break from eating right, it's called winter here in Wisconsin. I usually gain 20 lbs or so, then bust my hump to lose it every spring. Just once I'd like to maintain a healthy weight for a full year.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
I always take a break from eating right, it's called winter here in Wisconsin. I usually gain 20 lbs or so, then bust my hump to lose it every spring. Just once I'd like to maintain a healthy weight for a full year.
You need to be shopping around for a reliable winter rat for those long cold winters.

·
Big Boy
978 Posts
i cheat usually 6 days a week give or take. This helps keep me on my diet. If you never cheat you are more likely to drop the diet altogether.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I'll gain some weight now that race season is over. I'll give myself a few weeks off to eat what I want and have some fun doing it.

Come November 1st I will be going right back into training mode for next season. I always have one cheat day though, and that day is always the the time following my race until I go to bed that night. I figure a typical race for me burns about 2k calories so I can eat about anything I want on those nights....Blue Moon ice cream is my favorite on race nights!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.