Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I crashed on the trail..twice :madman:
Both rookie mistakes but I file that as "learning"!!

1st was a log over technical were chain ring can stick if you don't clear with speed and air..I didn't have enough of both..my chain ring stuck to the log..feet out but no ground to stand..bike, me and momentum I did havepushed me forward, that rotated my drivetrain and put my Forte Coverts into the back of my leg...SCrrrrrAAPE! FARCKEN..Ahhhh..hit the ground...got up kept riding and the blood dripped to my sock..go tlike 6 scrapes two hella deep scar makers..

2nd (same day) whoosh trail on the side of the river bank..swooshin up and down around trees and some of the swoosh down the trail goes from 10" wide to 4" cuz of rain wash..well my rear fell off the trail from some OVER brakeing(me)..caused my bike to slide ..I slide..twist up bike and foot stuck..over backward onto my back handel bar in my chest..bent it all up and now I limp when I walk.

I thought I was done for the weekend..but come Sunday and today I couldn't not ride...WOW I had way less pain riding than walking so I out another 15 miles on my OD...Still can't walk very good..as log as I can ride right LOL

Trail Badges..the bruse on my thigh is the size of a soft ball..

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I was riding XC last year with 4 healing broken ribs, healing broken shoulder, and having had a collapsed lung.

If that counts.....

·
Off the back...
2,278 Posts
Sprained ankle. Couldn't walk, but riding was easy.
Broken wrist. Couldn't use thumbshifters, but could still ride with a cast.
Alcohol poisoning [a.k.a. really drunk]. Can't remember, didn't die, win.

·
On wuss patrol
5,049 Posts
^^^ Broken ribs and shoulder?? Tough injuries to ride with, tough to breathe, excruciating to bounce around on the bike.

I'm always injured to one degree or another and I still ride nonstop. I have to be pretty much dead or at least in a cast from the waist down to not get on my bike. I, too, often find it easier to ride v. walk/hike/run.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Twas from a motocross crash. Had to do something as I couldn't get back on the KTM for a little while! Just don't do anything crazy and it's all good.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Sounds like my friday ride! Shoulda known when 1st crash was in ithe first 300 yards!LOL The big one for me was a log over. Did the almost exact same without the blood. bruise from top of thigh to knee=( Getting to old for that! Feet stuck in clipless,Poop!!!
Had to go to the church and install the new pews and that was painful! Lot of up and down. Did try a little riding since then and went ok.

Trail badges Scrape on back ohead, arm and HUGE bruise on thigh!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AWESOME!
Glad to know I'm not the only one that will ride with pain..my wife thinks I'm nuts!! LOL
Hey when riding is easier than walking...LETS RIDE!!

·
My little friends
652 Posts
Ha! I rode the day after having a vasectomy; got a good opportunity to hone my out of the saddle skills!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK WTF^^^ LOL crazy fawker^^ I would want a bottle of Jack for that^^

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I was riding XC last year with 4 healing broken ribs, healing broken shoulder, and having had a collapsed lung.

If that counts.....
I don't know how you rode, I did very close to that, but add a crushed T8, collar bone with shoulder separation. I could hardly drive a car after a month.

·
I ride bikes
2,420 Posts
I crashed on the trail..twice :madman:
Both rookie mistakes but I file that as "learning"!!

1st was a log over technical were chain ring can stick if you don't clear with speed and air..I didn't have enough of both..my chain ring stuck to the log..feet out but no ground to stand..bike, me and momentum I did havepushed me forward, that rotated my drivetrain and put my Forte Coverts into the back of my leg...SCrrrrrAAPE! FARCKEN..Ahhhh..hit the ground...got up kept riding and the blood dripped to my sock..go tlike 6 scrapes two hella deep scar makers..
I thought you said 29ers ride over everything... Guess not.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I guess I don't consider myself injured until its severe enough to keep me off the bike...everything else is just part of it!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I always ride hurt, but not hurt enough to where it will hinder my riding experience. I play basketball on Thursday and Friday nights and ride on Saturday mornings, so its not uncommon for me to ride with a tweaked ankle, jammed finger or bruised ribs. Its only when I injure my knee that I skip a ride.

After a bad crash, even if I don't get hurt, it really gets to my psychologically to the point where I slow down considerably and my friends are having to wait for me. That could happen on a few trips until that feeling of crashing disappears and I'm back to normal until the next crash. It usually takes 2-3 crashless trips for me to really get back to my normal riding style.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I thought you said 29ers ride over everything... Guess not.
LOL THey do with the right rider LOL duuuh hahaa
Yes, I am still getting my skills tuned..but I'm only in my 2nd year (13 months) so by this time next year Me & My Bike will be better than ever!!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I'll ride unless I'm hurt bad enough that riding will hinder my healing process. Like if you ride too early on a repaired torn ACL you could very well re injure it and add time to recovery.

A couple years ago I crashed on my face and ended up with 5 plates and 15 screws to re attach my cheek bone and upper jaw and to repair a blown out orbital bone. Oh and I broke my fifth metacarpal on my left hand. No riding for 6 weeks. Had I ridden my broken bones wouldn't have healed correctly. I also had some gnarly hemorrhaging in my eyeball which any increase in blood pressure hurt a bunch and could cause more damage to the eyeball itself.

After that I did some short slow road rides and added mileage and speed over time. After a month of that I started riding on dirt again...short and slow adding distance and speed until I was actually faster than I was before I was hurt.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^^Dang Otis ~ you got jacked Bro! Glad yer all good now!

With every crash comes wisdom (for most people that are paying attention) so I just need to remember to ride with in my skill set. I don't mind the bumps/brusies and scrapes but I don't have time to be breaking bones and plates and pins and eeewwww I hate being around people wearing white!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
LOL THey do with the right rider LOL duuuh hahaa
Yes, I am still getting my skills tuned..but I'm only in my 2nd year (13 months) so by this time next year Me & My Bike will be better than ever!!
CRAP! I am only in my 2nd MONTH!!! I got 2 more years of crash and burn! POOP! LOL

Yes The right rider does make a difference!(Mine is 29er also)

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hahaha Yes you do! I think 2years is about perfect to go from Beginer to..something other than a beginer LOL

Just found out I'm going up to the redwoods, North West Cali, THIS WEEKEND!!! WHooo!! We have family up there..forget the fam..I'm bringing my bike!! LOL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts