Votes: 130 74.3%
  • Full-suspension 29er

Votes: 45 25.7%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Torn

Hard to say - kind of got forced into the hardtail arena, after some 15 plus years, when I sold my Sugar last fall and had to fall back onto my "play bike". I had built up a GF Ferrous as a fully rigid 1x8, goofed off on it intermittently and then got "jackhammered" on it while trying to keep up with the boys. The next morning it got upgraded with a Reba and a triple Then after finally going with the Jet I got caught up in the delays and then ... well you know the story. Anyway, after over a half a year on the hardtail, intermixed with the four rides on the Jet and a ski season I have a whole new appreciation of "steel is real". With that being said I miss the extra traction that the full suspension gives, my arms don't "talk" to me after a ride, and jumps aren't quite so scary - on the other hand my line choice has improved (sometimes, my "lightweight" wheelset has taken some hits) ,the steel really is real, and the jumps are scarier. . Now all I really need is to ditch the EBB and go with a real dedicated geared custom steel steed. Anybody, anyone, Bueller.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fs for me!

I guess where you live has a lot to do with what you ride. Or, if you race or just ride xc. Here in Colorado, I ride single track and jeep roads at altitude, so fully geared suspended is the only practical way to go. Have yet to see someone on these trails with a rigid SS. Wouldn't that be cool to see!

·
Registered
886 Posts
here in philly area

ENGIN SS rigid and ENGIN geared rigid (with optinal reba for the rough days on either rig).

maybe if i lived in state college or allamuchy area in NJ id think differently but thorpe, french creek, and other local spots just dont call for it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Two Soulcraft's, one that is fully rigid and one that's rigid up front with a Thudbuster St in the back. I also have an On One that is set up drop bar/SS for street and commuting duties.

·
No longer 26
3,090 Posts
1 GF Supercaliber 29er FS
1GF X-Caliber 29er HT
1 Zion 29er Rigid SS

G

Oh, and a Gunnar Roadie for those miles that leave from my garage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just moved from a GF Rig (w/Reba) to a fully rigid Jabberwocky...that I've yet to ride. I'm assuming it'll rock though, every time I forgot to unlock the fork on my Rig I liked it better. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.