Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, it does look very similar to the Flash Carbon 29er but a couple differences that stand out to me, the top tube is tapered back towards the seat post whereas the photos of other Flash Carbon 29er's aren't. Also, the portion of the frame forming a triangle directly behind the seat post is much different. These differences may very well just be variations in the model on a year by year basis though.
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
I’m no expert, but if it’s a Cannondale shouldn’t it have a 1.5” head tube. It sure looks like a standard tapered to me.

Reactions: Tim360

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
That would be my vote.

Hand made in the USA carbon was over in 2010
Yeah, I missed out on that, looks like a big red flag to me.

I’m no expert, but if it’s a Cannondale shouldn’t it have a 1.5” head tube. It sure looks like a standard tapered to me.
There could be a chance that the owner got a reducer headset installed for the mosso rigid fork, but the red flag pointed out bh J_Westy is quite concerning.

Sent from my LIO-N29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I missed out on that, looks like a big red flag to me.

There could be a chance that the owner got a reducer headset installed for the mosso rigid fork, but the red flag pointed out bh J_Westy is quite concerning.

Sent from my LIO-N29 using Tapatalk

The owner has admitted that he has painted the bike. Thus, he must have put the stickers on it as well. I think I am going to have to give this one a country mile. Just too likely it is a fraud. Thanks for your assistance in identifying it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.