Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
karmacoma
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone names their bikes, my main rigs name is Camilla. however I havent told any of my riding buddies that I named my bike. I wouldnt get them off my back.

·
karmacoma
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rivet said:
H*ll no!
I used to work with a guy that named his bike and used to actually talk to it, freaked me out.
Ok I named the bike, but that doesnt mean I talk to it, that guy is weird, although not a weird as this one guy that swears he talks to goblins of some sort while on the trail... that guy freaked me out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It depends...sometimes I do, sometimes not!

I guess if I feel that there is enough of a "personality" to the particular bike, the name follows...if not, it won't!

My "screen name", in fact, is the name I gave a 2001 Trek "Clyde" cruiser: Black because, well, "he" is--"Bud", short for the American brewery that uses Clydes (Clydesdales, a draft breed which originated in Scotland) to pull their (show-only these days) beer wagon ("Budweiser")!

( I found out, later on, that Trek intended the name "Clyde" to be as in "Bonnie and Clyde"...it fits "him" too! (He's tough!!))

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
triphop said:
just wondering if anyone names their bikes, my main rigs name is Camilla. however I havent told any of my riding buddies that I named my bike. I wouldnt get them off my back.
A buddy dubbed my Coiler DL "The Beast". It fits.

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
yup. Scaryfast, which I'm not but the bike was, is an old Trek7000ht that now permanently resides in the trainer. My wife killed off the Hawaii Pearl, a Giant OCR1 road bike, by running it into an overhang.
Double B, stands for Black and Blue---as in bruised--as that is what I get when I ride over my ability, and is the name of the Giant XTCII hardtail.

The new Specialized Allez Elite and Specialized Stumjumper Expert Disc do not have names yet. Heck, I haven't even got the stumpie out on a ride--yet.

And this thread has just caused me to think, maybe the Allez will be named Hub'l. I ride with HBL, the Hawaii Bycycling League, and the bike is always scoping out new hills to fly up. Wasn't Hubbel a deep space seeking telescope? Naw--that's too something. It will remain un-named for now.

·
Fashionably functional...
310 Posts
I don't talk to my bikes. But they keep talking to me!!! Make them stop...

I know it's bad luck not to name a boat. So I guess it's possible the rules apply for anything else. So I named my car, my bikes, my pets and I think my girlfriend has a name, too.

SHHH...my bikes are talking to me again...

·
Jabberwocky Jockey
809 Posts
No names but I do have designations for them. My nickname is Duckman because every bike I have has a rubber duck on it (it's a looong story) The designation is DB# where DE stands for "Duck Bike" and the # is the numerical position of the bike in chronological order of its creation. (I hand build every one of my bikes, kinda adds to the experience)

Here is DB17, my Yeti Road Project. Born on 4/7/2005.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Darkwing Duck said:
No names but I do have designations for them. My nickname is Duckman because every bike I have has a rubber duck on it (it's a looong story) The designation is DB# where DE stands for "Duck Bike" and the # is the numerical position of the bike in chronological order of its creation. (I hand build every one of my bikes, kinda adds to the experience)

Here is DB17, my Yeti Road Project. Born on 4/7/2005.

haha, as 'gay' as this sounds thats cute hahah

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.