Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Suffers From Binge Biking
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else here weird enough to name your bikes? I don't give them special or meaningful names, but just take the model name of the bike and come up with something close to call it. Being a guy, naturally all of my bikes get a girl's name.

Masi Alare= Ali
Jamis Ranger= Rachael
Haro Flightline= Felicia (it's a stretch, but it's the best I could do :confused: )
Trek 3900= that's why I hate this bike :madmax:

Please don't tell me I'm in a league all my own here (though it wouldn't be the first time).

*I also talk to my car, but its name is just "Subaru".

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
Nah,

I just call them by brand or model name, or sometimes by function ;)

Scirocco: "XC bike" or "Suburban Assault Vehicle"
2soulscycles "trailbike"
Yeti "stupidly heavy squishy bike"

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
marsh rider said:
Does the Yeti respond when you call it by this??
I promise to try again when the snow melts and all the rocks and roots come out....:cool:

·
Registered
316 Posts
marsh rider said:
Please don't tell me I'm in a league all my own here (though it wouldn't be the first time).
Youre in a league of your own!! ;)
I refer to them as blue Turner, Cannondale and Strong. Cannondale and Strong are self explanatory. Blue Turner is the second 5-Spot Ive had. The first one was red so if I talk about it its the red Turner

One equestion though - Why give them names? It makes as much sense as giving name to a cat. It wont come when you call anyway. A dog on the other hand .. that makes sense :)

Maverick bikes are born with names from the factory

Cheers

·
That's damn yankee to you
363 Posts
Ha I didn't name my bike but maybe I should.... I only have one.... BUT my car is Irene and my truck is Vern...
Before that I had a red for ranger named Petunia, an orange VW bug named Belle and a blue ranger named Garth....

·
Crash Guru
136 Posts
I dont really give it a name, but i often refer to it as 'baby' or 'old girl'( even though the bike is less than 9 months old lol).

My Bike's a Giant Alias, I guess I could call it alice, but i really dont like that name :bluefrown:

I did used to call my old bike 'Heap of $h17' ($300 AUD Malvern Star Torsion 2005 [Horrible thing]), but im glad to say thats rotting away in my shed. Reckon id get any money selling it for scrap metal? Nah i dont reckon either :lol:.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I often refer to my bike as "B*tch". For Example, at the top of a hard climb I'll be like "Thats right b*tch, did you see that". Or when I go OTB, "You f$%kin b*tch ". When I come home wounded the b*tch got the better of me, etc, etc, you get the picture. I mean I love my bike, I just like to call her b*tch.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I have been calling my old Kona Stinky Primo "the Couch" since I got it back in 01. After one ride, I new it went uphill like riding a couch and downhill the same. It's all gives and takes.
Enjoy the weekend,

1 - 20 of 138 Posts