Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran across this as I was riding down Hulls (and yes I did yield to a number of uphill users!!)......

One of the gals at the store said that the Jeep was there on her morning ride.

What's weird is that you can see any tire tracks coming down the hill from 8th...or I was totally blind to 'em.

Nick

·
Registered
39 Posts
Abandoned vehicles

That's as unusual as the white Ford Festiva that's stuck in the snow on the ridge between 8th and Hard Guy.

Reminds me of the Baja Bug stuck on trail #4 years ago. Even funnier when the helicopter flying it out dropped it right in the bottom of Hulls.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How the heck are they gonna get that thing outta there?? Park a tow truck up on 8th and bring it up with a winch??

Should I call someone tomorrow about it? If so...who?

Nick

PS...never met you before flip, but I swear there was a flip on a black Titus coming down Crestline tonight. Was that you? What is it with flips MTB'ing!?!?!!?

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
I wish I had a Titus...

Sorry, that wasn't me... I just did the dog loop today on the SS (the only bike I seem to ride these days) and will probably do the dog loop again tomorrow since I'm trying to save my legs for the long walk on Saturday...
Did you ride with the BOMBB Squad on Saturday? If so, I may have seen ya (I was running the other way when y'all came up the Freeway)...

·
Registered
203 Posts
That was Dave Yasuda on the Titus.....

BelaySlave said:
How the heck are they gonna get that thing outta there?? Park a tow truck up on 8th and bring it up with a winch??

Should I call someone tomorrow about it? If so...who?

Nick

PS...never met you before flip, but I swear there was a flip on a black Titus coming down Crestline tonight. Was that you? What is it with flips MTB'ing!?!?!!?
I saw him last night after he had dropped into Military Reserve......he rides a small black Loco Moto.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
smilycook said:
Did you write down the license plate number?
This dumbass didn't even think to take a pic of the license plate.
:rolleyes:

You should call and report this vehical to Ada County Sheriff and BLM Law Enforcement.
Just called it into Ada County Sheriff.

Nick

PS...well the dispatch chick at the sheriff's office didn't know where Hulls was either. I had to give her directions.
:rolleyes:

·
Wandervans
2,084 Posts
They know about it and are addressing it...

looks like it was on city property so the city is taking care of it. This would make a great story thought for the paper.

From what I got of the story the guy was drunk and borrowed his friends jeep and proceeded to drive up the hulls gulch from the bottom. It is amazing what some people will do when they are drunk.

Chris

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
smilycook said:
From what I got of the story the guy was drunk and borrowed his friends jeep and proceeded to drive up the hulls gulch from the bottom. It is amazing what some people will do when they are drunk.
Ya' know....that was one thought that crossed my mind, but as I was riding down....I really didn't see any evidence of a Jeep driving up Hulls. What a dumbass. I just hope they don't do any significant damage when they are getting that thing out.

That should be the Hulls Gulch trailwork night next Thursday!!!!!

·
Wandervans
2,084 Posts
yeah

BelaySlave said:
Ya' know....that was one thought that crossed my mind, but as I was riding down....I really didn't see any evidence of a Jeep driving up Hulls. What a dumbass. I just hope they don't do any significant damage when they are getting that thing out.

That should be the Hulls Gulch trailwork night next Thursday!!!!!
We are going to disassemble the whole jeep then ride it out with bob trailers and reassemble it on the road in full running order. In addition to my trailbuilding skills I am also a certified jeep mechanic ;)

·
Hoops - Big and Small
1,083 Posts
Windshield?

Is that the windshield on the hood? Maybe the driver could be sentenced to community service adding babyheads to the tread to slow down speedy downhillers! On my ride last night I had lots a trail sharing issues, saw lots of scared hikers...hmmm...spring is in the air.

·
TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
2,982 Posts
Made my day

In what would have otherwise been a dreary day of schmoozing clients and writing lame software, here I am chuckling about some chump nursing an ugly hangover who's minus one jeep. Meanwhile a pack of rabid mountain bikers converge on said jeep like a pack of wild hyenas gorging themselves an elephant carcass. It's a image that I'm relishing right now.

This has made my day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.