Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a Upper Derailleur bolt for a Sram x.9(its the bolt that holds the derailleur to the hanger). Im leaving for Northstar on saturday and I can't find a bike store that carries it. Thanks for the help.

·
Time flies...
2,206 Posts
mealsonwheels said:
Beyond Bikes. They have a pretty good reputation...
HA!

...find a fastener store like Ababa. There are a number of them around town.
Bring in your part so they can match the right size/thread.

...unless you like standing in a big bike shop being completely ignored for hours...

...of course, if you have a decent LBS nearby, they might just give you the bolt...

·
No known cure
5,745 Posts
jahguideini said:
Im looking for a Upper Derailleur bolt for a Sram x.9(its the bolt that holds the derailleur to the hanger). Im leaving for Northstar on saturday and I can't find a bike store that carries it. Thanks for the help.
Like this?

http://www.speedgoat.com/productB.asp?part=45640

You could get a lower end RD for N* and rebuild the current one when the bolt shows up from speedgoat.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jamesdc said:
I got at least one you could pull out of one of my broken derailers. I'm in thousand oaks.
To bad I didn't get your post sooner, I've already ordered a new RD. I guess this way I now will have a back up. Thank you for the offer! As a last resort I did call Beyond Bikes, but no body would pick up the phone.......lame.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.