Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Metalheadbikerider
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you, or someone you know, hike in the local parks or natural areas around Portland (Forest Park, Riverview, Tryon, Powell Butte, etc)? If so, I am looking for photos of the impact from hikers in these places. I am looking for photos of negative impacts such as switchbacks, widening of trails around mud, hiking imprints in mud, etc. I would greatly appreciate your assistance with this You can message me for an email address to send them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Or go check out Holman Lane in Forest Park right now. It's absolutely hammered. Muddy footprints as far as the eye can see and the "trail" is getting wider by the day.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
You are correct sir... gosh, I miss Ed McMahon. Holman is wide enough for ADA approval. Weekend "hover-round" races would be a hit with the displaced retired folks who used to live in NW Portland. OT fun with Forest Park... the only "legal" fun up there. There is always the Wildwood section north of Saltzman for "interestingly placed" logs too.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Angel's Rest Trail

There's lots of damage up on the Angel's Rest trail. Wide, muddy, rutted, switchback-cut. . . you name it. All without the benefit of two wheels.

IMG_2343.jpg

IMG_7948.jpg

IMG_7992.jpg

Enjoy!

·
Metalheadbikerider
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Perfect, thank you. I am the NWTA rep on the Riverview Natural Area PAC. There has been a FB page started by neighbors, and they are uploading photos of things like tire tracks in the trails. I just want to have evidence that demonstrates that all trail users have an impact if the issue should arise as a reason to exclude mountain bikes from trails there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts