Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Do you own a headlight for night riding?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
yes I have lights. but not a racer. definatly an intresting twist on racing. and what away to open up the racing calender for AZ. I'd say throw it out and see what sticks.

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,179 Posts
I have an crate full of old Nitrider lights that I used and killed over the last decade. I do currently have one working Niterider that I use for night non-race rides all the time.... Would I be interested in racing now? Probably not, but you never know. One of my favorite past races was a 12-hr race that I did solo - the race started at midnight and went to noon the next day. It was during a sticky hot summer in Ohio, so racing at night made good sense.

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
Without turning the thread into a "what light is best" discussion, I have a couple sets of lights and night (or pre-dawn) ride at least once per week. I love it. It's just really...neat, for lack of a better word.

I'm not a racer, per se, but I'd love to do some sort of event at night. I like the night laps at 24-hour races, and would love some sort of dusk 'til dawn event.

So I'm in...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have a HID light I'm really diggin. As far at the racing I 'm not sure what I think. Maybe if it was for the fun of it, but I know I'm not fast enough to be competitive...

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
sold my dual halogen lightset cuz i didn't like night riding...
not even with a borrowed fancy HID. :rolleyes:

PS: don't maul me, i'm entitled to my opinion:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.