Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Not being wholly mechanically inclined, I prefer bikes. That being said, I can manage most repairs on my own IF I can get the parts.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Parts, parts, and more parts. Last complete bike I bought (for myself) was 1998. Just like the bike rule, parts too are n+1.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
They always start out as parts, but when it is complete and I can ride it.....it is a bike.
Mine don't always start out as a pile of parts, but that's always how they end....

·
Evolutionsverlierer
2,455 Posts
My fully was bought complete and my ht was a frame build up with a bunch of sourced parts from friends, spare boxes and some new ones too.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I bought my FS trail bike last year, knowing that I would upgrade it. Had the brakes changed from Levels to 4 pot Guides when I bought it. Had custom wheels built up last month. Next on my list is a brake rotor up size.

Saved my old wheels, already dreaming of buying a frame for them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I usually buy a low to mid spec complete bike, and will carry over parts from prior builds. I will then sell old parts as I get upgrades. This means I'll end up with exactly the bike I want, and I can always be riding

·
Registered
177 Posts
My first MTB was bought new as a complete bike. My first road bike was bought new as a complete bike. My newest road bike was bought used as a complete bike. There have been about a dozen frames and more parts upgrades that I can remember in between that have been part of the evolution of my stable. I currently have 5 fully-operational bikes.

·
Rippin da fAt
9,052 Posts
It's no wonder we cannot get groovy parts, sParty has em all...:unsure:

·
CEO Product Failure
1,790 Posts
Bike. I don't have the patience for parts.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts