Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Do you have a 68mm or 73mm bb shell?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just curious how common the 73mm shell is these days, assume there will be more 68s by a good margin, but thought a poll might define it a bit...

Sorry, my computer hung up during the poll part, guess it didn't make it...doesn't look like an edit option...but maybe it's better just to get people to post, as many have more than one bike anyways

edit forgot my own bikes!
3 with 73 mm shells, 4 with 68's

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
68 is very common on hardtails

73 is more popular on full suspenion where the swingarm pivot is down at the BB. It just gives more room to squeeze in the pivot, chainstays, tires and such. My guess is that most 4 bar linkage bikes have 73's

The good news is that the modern X-type bearing cranksets can fit either size with a simple spacer.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
crisillo said:
just click "add poll to ths thread" under the Thread options

ah..I'll take care of it ;)
I know how to do it when creating a post, but don't see an option once the post is up...I was in the middle of creating the post when I had to end the program (been getting problems with Firefox/Vista not playing nice together when I try to get ahead of the page loading...)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.