Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does the back of your throat ever burn after a hard climb?
do you ever feel like throwing up?
do you ever taste pennies and wheeze during and after a hard single speed ride?

Single Speeding forces me to push myself harder than I ever would on a geared bike and it makes my geared MTB rides easier.

·
And He was Not
1,686 Posts
What About

Bike Nazi said:

Single Speeding forces me to push myself harder than I ever would on a geared bike and it makes my geared MTB rides easier.
You forgot the blurred vision part. My vision gets tunnel-like at the tops of hard climbs.

·
high plains drifter
388 Posts
oh yes

very similar to when my brother dropped a bowling ball on my head.If your're not on the edge of hallucinating you could probably bump it up a notch.Or else get a heart rate monitor

·
Steamroller
1,227 Posts
That's all good, but.........

.............I stop at nausea and puking. I have pushed myself that hard twice. Actually one of those times I had two burritos about 1/2 hour before the ride so it may not count.

I don't know about you guys, but when I start puking, I'm no longer having fun! It's time to back off, even if it means getting dropped.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Bike Nazi said:

Wasn't on an SS but the first time I went to Moab we drove overnight to Salt Lake then went for a ride there and the elevation change and lack of sleep made me just about pass out on the first climb.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
For me anyway . . . .

Seeing stars equals dehydration. Happened quite often in summer races before I just gave in and started using a camelback. 2 Bottles were never enough, so now it is a camelback and 2 bottles with some sort of gatorade and the stars seem to stay away now.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
sounds like...........

a bad ulcer AND acid reflux.
Pop two Rolaids before the ride.
And drink more water.

Once, during a 24 race, my lights were flashing on and off. So, I stop to fiddle with them.
It's not the lights! It's my brain playing peekaboo with me. I should have eaten better.

Bike Nazi said:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.