Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I get into the dreamy details, I will give you some background. I just returned to the bike scene after a 2-3 year break when I was obsessed with 4-wheelers. That obsession was initially brought on by my love for riding my bike on the trails, in the woods, by myself. Well, the solo thing got old and I decided to get my lazy friends into something we could all do together.

So about 12 of us bought quads, and after 3 years of weekend trips and great times I was left riding alone again. To summarize; Me on a fast machine, in the woods, by myself = not good. So I started biking again. It didn't take me long to find this forum when trying to find ideas about how to upgrade my 99 CDale super V. As a result I now have a wicked 6" Uber V trail bike and have since been anxiously awaiting this years tax season so I could get a new bike (07 Iron Horse 7.5).

So, Sunday night I fall asleep and the adventure began. Apparantly, I was at some sort of family function like a reunion because EVERYBODY was there, and we were all having a blast. My mom comes out of the forest(???) and tells me she put my present in "The Cave". So I jump down from the treehouse where I was hanging out with all my little cousins and bolt into the woods in search of this cave I never knew about. Next thing I know, I'm walking out of the kitchen onto the deck in the backyard and there is this AWESOME bike sitting there. I have no idea what model it is, but it's raw aluminum frame is shining in the sunlight as if coaxing me to take it for a spin.

I grab the bars, throw a leg over and sit, just sort of taking it all in as my family gathers around in awe as they have no idea what kind of bike this is either. Well it's a big bike. Dual crowns up front, massive tires, huge brakes...all ultra-blingy like. I'm thinking it had like 12 inches of travel because from the sag, it felt like I was sitting on a big comfy couch. The best part is when I spun the bike around, it was ultra-light as well. So off I go pedalling around the yard. Climbing the ladder into the treehouse wasn't a problem for this beast. Descending the sliding board took no thought either. Then off I went to find "The Cave".

It didn't take long as it seemed like the bike was taking me for the ride and not the other way around. The mouth of the cave was about 15 feet high and it was extremely well lit as far as I could see...somehow. Gotta love dreams!! Anyhow, I drop in and it's like a huge downhill train tunnel minus the train but loaded with rocks, drops, jumps and crazy bermed switchbacks. It didn't even seem like I was pedalling, but it went on for what seemed like hours and in the end it spits me out into the kitchen again.

I ride out the back door into the swarm of family members all smiling and laughing because I was soaked in sweat and dust with a huge ear-to-ear grin on my face. As I'm sitting there telling about the ride, my dog comes over and pees on the bike. Then I wake up.

As I sit here typing this I just realized that during that whole experience, I wasn't wearing a helmet. I just really wish I could post pics...:thumbsup:

·
Gnarley!!!!!
260 Posts
Cool!:thumbsup:

I am in the same boat kinda, riding quads or dirtbike in the woods by myself just isn't cool. I do it every often, if I need a high kick of adrenaline.

I don't know how or why, but I took a leap of faith and now I am addicted to mountain biking, and kinda not into motox.

Anyways,I find myself day dreaming about mountainbiking all the time, but I have the occasional night dream, rarley. If I do, they are soo bazzar.:skep:

·
Registered
98 Posts
That sounds like a cool dream. It's funny how entertaining recounting dreams are since your audience never knows what direction the story will go.

I only daydream about riding. I very very rarely have dreamt of riding. Most of my dreams are of subconscious nonsense. last night I dreamt I was somewhere like a lake and was swimming in it when this Indian (asian) dude come along to tell us to get out but jumps in and starts trying to drown me. Weird :confused:

·
Life is Good
1,494 Posts
I dreamt about it one time that I can remember, though I forgot most of the details. I had fallen asleep in the basement of a church (of all places) and I dreamt I was riding on one of my most heavily used trails. I was moving pretty good and I ended up wrecking, and when exactly at the point when I hit the ground, I heard a loud CRASH and woke up. Some guy in another room dropped a box of things and it landed just as I did when I "wrecked". It was really strange!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I dont really dream much about biking, or at lease dont remember dreaming. BUt it on my mind almost all the time. Now my GF is hooked and want to get into it when funds are availble.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Judd97 said:
I dreamt about it one time that I can remember, though I forgot most of the details. I had fallen asleep in the basement of a church (of all places) and I dreamt I was riding on one of my most heavily used trails. I was moving pretty good and I ended up wrecking, and when exactly at the point when I hit the ground, I heard a loud CRASH and woke up. Some guy in another room dropped a box of things and it landed just as I did when I "wrecked". It was really strange!
Sure about that? Maybe that box dropped first and THEN you crashed. Think about it ..... :eekster:

I think there may have been the odd dream of biking, but I don't remember them. I mostly day-dream about riding while i'm at work. :p :D

·
I wear two thongs
1,675 Posts
Only short little snippets of dreams that I can remember. My most recent one was me riding a bike down a local ski hill that I used to take ski lessons at as a kid. I then hit a little bump on the trail and it launched me up into the air and I kept rising above the ground and "hovering" above all the trees and moving forward. Sorry to cut it short but thats all I even remember of it.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
(... I have not left this cave for days now, it has become
My last refuge in my total despair. I have only the music of
The waterfall to comfort me now. I can no longer live
Under the control of the federation, but there is no other
Place to go. my last hope is that with my death I may pass
Into the world of my dream, and know peace at last.)

The sleep is still in my eyes
The dream is still in my head
I heave a sigh and sadly smile
And lie a while in bed
I wish that it might come to pass
Not fade like all my dreams

Just think of what my life might be
In a world like I have seen
Very cool post, and it jumps around like a lot of my dreams.

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
Funny thing is that I had a dream Monday night, I was riding my bike through Peru, Indiana where I spent my high school years then all of the sudden I was riding through South Carolina trying to get to the beach. I stopped at this rest area because I was parched and all around me were outcast kids. Wierd.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I dreamt that I was assembling bikes part time for a local furniture store that was giving away bikes with a sofa purchase. (Something about getting off the sofa once in a while) They were cheap, crappy bikes but they were branded as Bianchis and even painted celeste. (And no, I don't own a Bianchi)

There was also an infant I was suppposed to be taking care of that I kept losing, and a young Indian girl that was trying to break into my car.

Dreams are weird.

Az

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yes

I have very crazy vivid always changing dreams...... And the best ones are when I'm riding. Like a poster above, much of the time I can wheelie at will for as long as desired and I love it. Also, I can always pull those little 180 bunny hops and roll it back around. My favorite part of my mountain biking dreams, however, are the trails I encounter. Their never anything I've ever ridden before or have even seen or heard of....except in my dreams of course. Many times they are reccuring and that makes it especiallly fun. It's like taking a little mtbing vacation while sleeping and those imaginary trails are always there waiting. Dry and never a drop of rain. So far. Sweet.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yep, I have dreams about riding/racing a LOT. Especially in the winter when I might not be riding much.

This will be my first year returning to racing after taking about 8 years off. Maybe the dreams will subside when my mind and body are reminded how painful racing is.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Cool post ,thanks for sharing your dream it made for a great read!

I daydream about biking - particularly on long drives in the car as I'm usually a passenger, just envisage myself riding on the road or on the side of the road if there are any hills, jumps, drops, tracks.
Not sure if I dream about mtb, probably do but I only remember my dreams very rarely, and yep they're usually weird and jumpy.

·
MTB Withdrawal
89 Posts
I had this dream once where I was riding a mountain bike w/ knobbies REALLY fast down a long and winding downhill section of road, and eventually my bike kinda just folded under me from cornering too hard. Then I just skidded down the road (but still taking the corners as I tumbled) as I would after falling down on skis or something. No road rash, or even much friction for that matter.

·
certified mtb addict
163 Posts
I generally don't remember much of my dreams, but I know I dream about riding.
For example, the other day when I was out actually out riding I went through a gully at speed and up the other side to a narrow gap between two slightly offset trees, I gave my right shoulder a solid whack on the right side tree.
I first read this thread in the morning (probably triggering my subconscious memory), then later in the day I remembered my dream in which I'd seen the sleeve of the jersey I had been wearing, lay ripped and bloodied in the dirt...
The jersey was unharmed on the actual ride.

·
~I Ride In Circles ~
1,629 Posts
I dream of mountain biking all the time... usually just day dreams. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and think I just got done riding. I've actually went out and checked to see if my bike was inthe living room because the dreams were so vivid. Pain and all... I've wrecked bad in dreams and felt soreness in the morning. Prolly from me freaking out or something while asleep.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I dream of open ATM machines. Ya know the ones with no locks and money loaded to the brim. I just start grabbing and stuffing pockets with cash. Had a couple of those lately.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.