Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I took my blur out for its first ride. 2.8 miles into the trail my derailleur was sheared off and hanging by the cable. That was the first time in my life that I did not have an extra hanger with me. I always pack one in my camelback.

I do see a problem with the blur hanger. Mine split across the screw hole. I think the design is poor as it does not have enough metal to really hold up to abuse. It did what it was supposed to do, but over the years I believe that I have only broken one in more than 15 years of riding some of the rockiest trails in the country. I have bent more than my fair share, but this was the first time that I ever had to walk my bike out from a ride.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Any reasonable prices for Blur LT2 derailleur hangers anywhere?
I didn't carry one until this summer when I broke one three miles from the trailhead. All other riders in my group couldn't believe that I didn't carry one. I asked if they did and they all pulled an extra one out of their packs.

I would order from SC. I bought one local and they marked up 100% from $12 to $24.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I didn't carry one until this summer when I broke one three miles from the trailhead. All other riders in my group couldn't believe that I didn't carry one. I asked if they did and they all pulled an extra one out of their packs.
Ha ha.

I recognize of few of the names in this thread from the early days of the "Let's see those Blur LT2's" thread. I'm just now building up my own LT2. I imagine most of you have moved on to newer and better stuff. In fact, I'm kicking myself for not buying a white XL demo carbon Nomad equipped with XT and a 36 Talas fork last year (including a two year guarantee from SC)--it would have cost me significantly less than my current LT2 build is costing me, and I got my black ano frame for half price at this winter! To my chagrin, I noticed the current LT2.1's with the SPX AM kit would have cost me about the same as my build. The lesson: it is very hard to beat the price of a Santa Cruz frame + build kit.

I would order from SC. I bought one local and they marked up 100% from $12 to $24.
I guess I'll order three.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

·
Huckin' trails
6,060 Posts
I did broke mine last year, so I ordered a new one on eBay, good price ($15) plus $5 shipping here in Canada... Didn't know I should had order 2, because I would had saved on shipping and won't have to wait next time... At that time, I did learn about a hanger and its function and to me it was like a brake pad, it will need to be replaced once in a while, so why order a second set already ? Well know I know.

David

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.