Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last fall I moved from a fully rigid 17 year old mountain bike (hadn't really ridden it on any trails in ~9 years until the summer) to a really nice full suspension (Trek Remedy 29) with select-able components. I thought I'd be switching based on climbs and descents however my local trails are up and down and I'm finding that I don't really stop and change anything, I've pretty much kept them in trail mode. I know this comes down to personal preferences but do you guys actually take the time to move these settings around based on where you are on the trails? I'm still pretty new to this sport, I've been getting better but I'm not kamikazeing down big drops so maybe this matters more with more aggressive trails/riding...

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I think you're talking about the Fox CTD damper. I have one of these on my bike, and find that I rarely switch it out mid ride. If I have extended downhill sections, I may switch from trail to descend, but lately I've been riding with it in descend mode most of the time. On the rear shock I only use the climb mode when I'm riding on flat boring sections.

You might as well play with the different settings and see what you think.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.