Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do Wtb's Kom Rims need Rim tape for tubeless?
I tried to contact them but haven't gotten a response and in the pictures that i have seen its hard to tell. Thanks

Or should i go with stand Arch rims? hmm

·
ready to ride
859 Posts
There are two camps on which is better. The WTB rims are UST compliant, the Stan's are not. A UST tire will definitely work on a UST rim. Non UST talk mixed bag. Stan's might do better with non UST tires, might not. At one time there were not that many UST tires on the market. That has and continues to change as most companies are offering a UST version on their more popular tires.

Personally I would go with a UST rim and a UST tire because there is a standard that has been created and designed for the use of tubeless bike tires. That's not to say there aren't tons of people running non UST tires tubeless on Stan's, but the tires weren't designed to be.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are two camps on which is better. The WTB rims are UST compliant, the Stan's are not. A UST tire will definitely work on a UST rim. Non UST talk mixed bag. Stan's might do better with non UST tires, might not. At one time there were not that many UST tires on the market. That has and continues to change as most companies are offering a UST version on their more popular tir

Personally I would go with a UST rim and a UST tire because there is a standard that has been created and designed for the use of tubeless bike tires. That's not to say there aren't tons of people running non UST tires tubeless on Stan's, but the tires weren't designed to be.
Doesn't stans use the bead socket tech?
hmm they seem like a similar styled rim. How do you feel about not having eyelets... as I see thats another difference between the two rims.
I am leaning towards the a Kom, you have any other rims you think i should check out?
thanks

·
Chris Bling
2,585 Posts
I do not miss having eyelets on the KOM's. The UST rim bead is not the same thing as Bead Socket. Some tires will work with the BS, some wont. If a tire is UST, It is designed to work with the KOM.

You dont need to look any further. The KOM's are the bees knees

1 - 6 of 6 Posts