Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
34,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are we going to take advantage of this gift?

Will we ride with with enough stoke to fill our cups? Here's a good tune and visual:

I've been away for a few days and my son fell in love with dirt jumping in my absence. He wants a bike and I told him he has to ride hero dirt 10x to earn it. :thumbsup:

Put the road bikes and cross road bikes away and shred the greatest mountain biking conditions of the year!!!

fc

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Kennedy or stanford mission peak... The question is, when will be the best time and when will most people be out doing the same thing...

·
Mtbr Founder
34,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kennedy or stanford mission peak... The question is, when will be the best time and when will most people be out doing the same thing...
I don't think many people will be doing the same thing. Those are basically road rides. Wide, steep climbs with good views.

Go to Gap. Demo. Wilder. Skeggs. Waterdog. Singletrack bro. Schit that looks green.

Of course check trail conditions and precipitation maps. We should be dialed by this weekend though. Most will be fine by tomorrow.
CNRFC - Hydrology - Observed Precipitation - Past 24 Hours - San Francisco Bay Area

fc

Attachments

·
Paper or plastic?
10,279 Posts
Hero dirt this w-e, and I'll be wifeless and truckless this w-e. Probably will take the kids hiking just to sample what I'm missing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Francis - 10 times before he gets to dirt jump? Man, you drive a hard deal. Guess you guys will be doing two a days until he gets to 10 sessions. When are we going dirt jumping?

·
Mtbr Founder
34,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Francis - 10 times before he gets to dirt jump? Man, you drive a hard deal. Guess you guys will be doing two a days until he gets to 10 sessions. When are we going dirt jumping?
Sup mang. I asked him if he wants to test or own and he said he wants to own. So 10x at the spooky forest is good right? Or he can summit Kennedy once and it's a deal.

Should I get him a 26er? What do you think is ideal here Specialized P Series, considering I really want him to mtb. And I want to use the bike too.

Let's go jump next week. We'll visit you and get some bbq.

fc

·
Mtbr Founder
34,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
883 Posts
I am doing the 24hrs of Gold solo this weekend so I'll be self serving and state I need all the hero dirt I can find to make all those hours in the saddle "fun." :eek:

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,862 Posts
Are we going to take advantage of this gift?

Will we ride with with enough stoke to fill our cups? Here's a good tune and visual:

I've been away for a few days and my son fell in love with dirt jumping in my absence. He wants a bike and I told him he has to ride hero dirt 10x to earn it. :thumbsup:

Put the road bikes and cross road bikes away and shred the greatest mountain biking conditions of the year!!!

fc
Oh, man, what an awesome video. I got goose bumps, especially with the mermaids!

Oh, that's not a goose bump. :blush:

·
Life is strange
1,991 Posts
Waiting to see what my weekend like. Not sure ill have much time for the amazing conditions or time to drive to real trails and not crappy hiker filled trails in st Jose/freemont older.

Ill be lucky if I can make it to the gap, I think...

But alas, shred on my friends!

Sent by smoke signal.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I'm wondering which will be better, thursday or friday....maybe both?

·
Wēk Sôs
3,210 Posts
supposed to go to bogg's this sunday, but thinking about not doing a 6 hour drive and instead spend 6 hours at demo.

great video, btw. that's a totally awesome advert.

·
padded
705 Posts
The thought of 3 loops of hero dirt at Demo on Saturday morning is sustaining me through the jet-lag-from-hell in Tokyo. Well, that and 3 visits a day to the local Segafredo cafe.
I'm tempted to go to D'ville but don't think I'll have the energy for a day trip.

·
Mtbr Founder
34,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
supposed to go to bogg's this sunday, but thinking about not doing a 6 hour drive and instead spend 6 hours at demo.

great video, btw. that's a totally awesome advert.

Yuppp. Do not go anywhere unless it's multi-day and guaranteed epic and perfect. Think of the opportunity cost.

I'm leaving town tomorrow and I am sad.

fc

1 - 20 of 66 Posts