Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do they bob?
are they efficient?
hows the service life with all the extra pivots compared to most bikes?

·
Registered
472 Posts
The are extremely efficient and do not bob if setup properly. Mine rides much stiffer then my longer travel bikes. The amount of pivots does not differ much compared to other companies and their service life will last as long as you are good to the bearings and do not ride through excessive mud. One cannot put a definitive date on bearing life.

·
Registered
472 Posts
the shock needs to have proper sag to work properly. your bike shop should help with that. i leave my pro pedal on with the middle firmnessfor long climbs otherwise i leave it open. its a very efficient bike. uber fast

·
I like to ride my bike.
1,584 Posts
It doesn't "bob" - it simply has a very active suspension design. It is not one of those full suspension bikes that rides like a hardtail. It actually absorbs bumps. If you move on the bike, the shock will move. When you find a good shock pressure, it is a fast bike. Too fast for me, in fact. Made me go so fast, I slid off a bridge. That's fast!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I weigh in at 184 lbs currently and I'm running about 140 PSI in my RP23, Its on the firm end of the sag so I can pretty much run it open on a lot trails. On fire roads and double track I'll run it in pro pedal 3, but as far as being able to run it open this bike is amazing its like the other person said it really absorbs everything. You really cant go wrong with this bike.:)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
do you guys ride the new floating shock or the fixed shock? any differences?
and are your bikes comparable to the VPP on SC XCcarbon??

·
Registered
472 Posts
I assume you are referring to the floating pivot on all Trek Fuels?. Yes I am and it's makes the travel seem so much smoother through the stroke of the shock.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just rode a Top Fuel 9.9SSL today. Although it was equipped with a Fox RP23 instead of the DT Swiss shock. It even said prototype on the top tube then Top Fuel. Not to sure why but it did. Anyways the bike was extremely efficient even without the propedal on. Maybe on long climbs ya might want to have the pro pedal on. But really I hardly noticed any bob at all. Even when I was attacking climbs. All in all I love this bike. I am going to be getting one very soon!

As for how it compared to the SC carbon. I have no idea because I have not ridden that particular bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts