Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I search the classified for "Niner", the only bikes are Salsa Dos Niner's. Does this mean there aren't enough Niner's or that Salsa owners are dissatisfied? Hey FoShizzle what do the numbers mean?
 

·
Stokeless Asshat
Joined
·
3,360 Posts
Statistics do not matter....

Nine out of ten people know that.
Jeff
pacman said:
Every time I search the classified for "Niner", the only bikes are Salsa Dos Niner's. Does this mean there aren't enough Niner's or that Salsa owners are dissatisfied? Hey FoShizzle what do the numbers mean?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
jocko said:
Statistics are like bikinis - what they reveal is suggestive, what they conceal is vital
that was a good analogy.

try something else in your search like 29er, 29, or a specific bike your looking for. most 29 inch wheeled bikes don't have the words niner in them. don't give up so e4sily.
 

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
C'mon now...I told you I threw that pocket protector away recently.

Have the Dos Niners been around longer than other 29" bikes such that there would be more available ; so perhaps the relative proportion of Dos Niners for sale is no different than any other brand.

Are Dos Niner owners more likely to utilize mtbr.com to sell their frame than other frame owners?

etc...etc...etc...

And here are some little known facts that you non statisticians may not be aware of:

Ten percent of all car thieves are left-handed * All polar bears are left-handed * If your car is stolen, there's a 10 percent chance it was nicked by a Polar bear

All dogs are animals * All cats are animals * Therefore, all dogs are cats​

A total of 4000 cans are opened around the world every second * Ten babies are conceived around the world every second * Each time you open a can, you stand a 1 in 400 chance of falling pregnant
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
FoShizzle said:
C'mon now...I told you I threw that pocket protector away recently.

Have the Dos Niners been around longer than other 29" bikes such that there would be more available ; so perhaps the relative proportion of Dos Niners for sale is no different than any other brand.

Are Dos Niner owners more likely to utilize mtbr.com to sell their frame than other frame owners?

etc...etc...etc...

And here are some little known facts that you non statisticians may not be aware of:

Ten percent of all car thieves are left-handed * All polar bears are left-handed * If your car is stolen, there's a 10 percent chance it was nicked by a Polar bear

All dogs are animals * All cats are animals * Therefore, all dogs are cats​

A total of 4000 cans are opened around the world every second * Ten babies are conceived around the world every second * Each time you open a can, you stand a 1 in 400 chance of falling pregnant
Your logic is amazinly accurate. You must have done very well in your logics classes. How about this one:
I am a genius * Albert Einstein is a genius * Therefore I am Albert Einstein
 

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
warnett said:
Your logic is amazinly accurate. You must have done very well in your logics classes. How about this one:
I am a genius * Albert Einstein is a genius * Therefore I am Albert Einstein
hello Albert!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,144 Posts
I'm guessing that it has something to do with the fact that QBP distributes the Dos Niner. That means that if you walked into practically any bike shop in the USA and asked "what 29er frames do you have available" the answer would be: Karate Monkey or Dos Niner. Niner doesn't have that kind of distribution yet.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top