Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here use seatpost shims? I'd like to swap some posts around on my bikes, but would need to use shims since they'll be going into a larger diameter seat tube. Do they slip at all? Who makes the best ones and where can I find them?

·
Registered
847 Posts
27.2 to 28.6

I use a Cane Creek to adapt a 27.2 to a 28.6 seatpost for my Ibis and it works fine. Clamps tightly.

But then again, I've seen and heard of more than one LBS using beer can shims to fit a loose seatpost.

FISHLEG said:
Anyone here use seatpost shims? I'd like to swap some posts around on my bikes, but would need to use shims since they'll be going into a larger diameter seat tube. Do they slip at all? Who makes the best ones and where can I find them?

·
"Mr. Britannica"
1,818 Posts
FISHLEG said:
If you're worried about them "dropping in", don't. The ones I've used have a small lip to prevent this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.