Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Possibly. By my rough calculations it would seem to be the case... of course they'd float upsidedown. In a pinch you could probably fjord a river, but you'll probably lose an oxen.

I could just toss mine in my pool but I don't think I want to. Water will premeate in and I don't want to chance wrecking anything.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Pooh Bear said:
When you throw them into the water, that is?! The tires would be large enough, right?
I reckon they would, years ago when my Specilised Epic was stock I hit a deep water hole off a blind jump, ('spose one should check these things first....) a deeeep water hole,:madman: anyway after I'd found my way to the surface, there was my bike, floating happily beside me.I was pleased as it only had about 5KM riding time! :) As the Pugs has at least 3 x the air I had at the time I'd say it's a sure bet. BTW it was after that little dunk I discovered another use for condoms....wrap the mobile (cell) phone in it. Still use it today, works great, pop it in tie it up and voila its " Hi, just calling on the Condo Phone..." can talk and hear right through it! :thumbsup:

Al

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I,ve been contemplating the posibility of removing my "endo" tubes at a remote lake or stream on a hot day; tieing them together and going for a float! you should be able to ford a river - side stroking & dragging the bike along I would think?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
i paddled across a small river estuary lying on the pugsley a couple of weeks ago!,batterys on camera had died just before :rolleyes: ,bars and seat were under and my upper body wieght was over the front frame triangle and the framebag-which didnt leak :thumbsup: good job as camera in there,i paddeld with feet,just like a log floating!,will get it again on film and post soon,

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
coastkid - I cracked up when I read the above post! Way to be man. Now thats all around usage of a pugsley!! I,m gonna have to try that before winter sets in. Mabey even take some of those kids arm band floats (inflatable type) along...put them around the seat post,fork legs,etc. for a little extra floatation. Gonna have to get a water- proof housing or bag for the cam. gear to self-film that.

keep the round side down

-ward

·
Registered
520 Posts
coastkid71 said:
i paddled across a small river estuary lying on the pugsley a couple of weeks ago!,batterys on camera had died just before :rolleyes: ,bars and seat were under and my under body wieght was over the front frame triangle and the framebag-which didnt leak :thumbsup: good job as camera in there,i paddeld with feet,just like a log floating!,will get it again on film and post soon,
Way to go.....:D :D Next step, Take it out into the surf....once you get enough speed I see no reason why you couln't get it upright and jump on.....:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Al

·
bored ex-shop rat
375 Posts
Maybe CK got bored :D

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
heres the film guys! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hVeI5s75lU
if i had my tent on the rear rack and sleeping bag and thermarest on the front which are in dry bags i reckon it would float better,i had no steering whatso ever! but you could float across a river or even down to the coast so maybe it could be a lifesaver in an adventure emergency

1 - 16 of 16 Posts