Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Illegal Allien
Joined
·
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Kelly has one of those I-don't-know-how-to-call-it thingies integrated in the frame so that I don't have to use a seat post clamp.

What happens is that when a tight the bolt in it it looks like I'm squeezing the living crap out of it. As in both ends basically run into each other. I'm used to having some space in the other seat post clamps or quick releases I've ever own and since this is the first time I have something like this, well, I'm kinda wondering.

It's a 27.2 SP. The recommended size for said frame.
 

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
Joined
·
16,322 Posts
Personally, I'd measure the ID of the seat tube. Either the frame's seatpost clamp 'ears' are bent or the recommended seatpost size isn't the actual size or something else altogether (helpful, ain't I?). Anyway, measuring couldn't hurt.

--Sparty

SSPIN said:
My Kelly ... It's a 27.2 SP. The recommended size for said frame.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
SSPIN said:
My Kelly has one of those I-don't-know-how-to-call-it thingies integrated in the frame so that I don't have to use a seat post clamp.

What happens is that when a tight the bolt in it it looks like I'm squeezing the living crap out of it. As in both ends basically run into each other. I'm used to having some space in the other seat post clamps or quick releases I've ever own and since this is the first time I have something like this, well, I'm kinda wondering.

It's a 27.2 SP. The recommended size for said frame.
Yes! You worry to much. If things tighten down and the seat doesn't move you are fine. If you need, to use a file to remove a LITTLE material from the lugs so that they don't touch.
 

·
Illegal Allien
Joined
·
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
porkchop said:
Yes! You worry to much. If things tighten down and the seat doesn't move you are fine. If you need, to use a file to remove a LITTLE material from the lugs so that they don't touch.
That's what worries me. They do touch there's no separation at all between them. I'm used to see some separation so it doesn't look normal.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top