Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fell at highland last week and everything on my bike looked ok. but when i got home i was cleaning my bike and i noticed this (pic below). it looks like a place where a bolt would be but i cant tell cuz if it snapped off, it is one of the cleanest cuts i have ever seen.... is there a bolt missing here? and if so, how can i fix it? thanks alot here are the pics

Attachments

·
maker of trail
2,008 Posts
Pretty sure thats what they are meant to look like, the QR lever is on the other side right?

The little snap piece locks the QR and prevents it from turning on its own, and you have to push it up to be able to release the axle...

A buddy of mine has the same fork (busted the internals on it a couple times) and that is from my leaky memory what the other side from the QR lever looks like...

·
Come see me after class
1,431 Posts
the Torx-head screws that mount your rotor look almost stripped. either you're over tightening or you're using the wrong size bit, but the rotors require such a low torque setting that you should never see wear like that on the head of the bolt.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
alexrex20 said:
the Torx-head screws that mount your rotor look almost stripped. either you're over tightening or you're using the wrong size bit, but the rotors require such a low torque setting that you should never see wear like that on the head of the bolt.
thats weird....ive never touched those screws

1 - 15 of 15 Posts