Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading out to C-Springs for Xmas and was thinking about shipping my bike for some winter riding. While I have some cold weather gear I don't have studded tires. Is it worth the effort to bring my bike out? I'm sure its just luck of the draw for good weather for the 2 weeks that I'm out there but I thought i'd ask some locals.

·
Still on Training Wheels!
1,107 Posts
I'd say post up closer to when you will be here and we can give you a better idea of trail conditions. Palmer Park in Colorado Springs fairly dry 90% of the year, and is one of the best places to ride in CS as well.

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
muddywings said:
I'm heading out to C-Springs for Xmas and was thinking about shipping my bike for some winter riding. While I have some cold weather gear I don't have studded tires. Is it worth the effort to bring my bike out? I'm sure its just luck of the draw for good weather for the 2 weeks that I'm out there but I thought i'd ask some locals.
You'll be here for 2 weeks? I've never gone more than a week without riding. I say bring the bike, because you might have 2 days of riding, or 12, depending on how well you dress.

Studded tires? Don't need 'em.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Never Leave Home Without It

I've taken my bike ot Quincy Illinois a million times and ridden in some of the worst conditions. In a town where everyone smokes McDonalds, it's not bike friendly, but it's a perfect combo for your holiday sanity. At some point you'll be wishing you could get even 45 minutes in. Plus, in the Springs you have some great spots to ride even if there is snow.

It'll be sunny and 50 degrees so bring it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.