Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Dangerboy website says that their Magura levers fit Louise FR, but doesn't say anything about the other models. They're not very good at returning e-mails. Does anyone know if the Dangerboy Magura levers will fit '05 Martas, and if so, if any modification is necessary?

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
They only have the Louise listed on the website and the Martas would need a different lever, so I would say no.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called Dangerboy: their Magura lever blades will NOT fit Martas - only Louise FR. However, I was advised that they will be running a batch of levers for Martas in the late Summer or early Fall.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Any word on whether these are available for the Martas yet? I hope they still plan to do these. I've looked everywhere but can't find them. Dangerboy hasn't returned my emails or calls. I've broken two carbon levers on my Marta SLs and would really like to go with a set of Dangerboys.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That's what I'm going to do if I can't get the Dangerboys. I know they say the carbon ones are stronger than aluminum levers but in my experience that is not the case. Carbon and rocks do not do well together. Plus at $160 for a pair of the carbon ones, they are not exactly disposable items. The Magura aluminum ones are still pretty high at $65 but about the same price as the Dangerboys.:eek: I know a couple of guys that are running the Dangerboys and they are very nice.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wanted to give an update. I spoke with someone at Dangerboy today and he confirmed what Fat Tony heard but in addition the guy told me that the Marta compatible lever will definitely be introduced atl Interbike and available for purchase shortly thereafter. I'm anxious to try these.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts