Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

· Registered
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every year we head to Whistler (and a little North Shore primer, of course) for amazing adventures. Are there any mountain bike parks out there that rival this mecca?

· Registered
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kirkwood? Is this a new addition or something? Hard to imagine something being 'leaps and bounds' ahead of Whistler. Does it have ladders, drops, and miles upon miles of technical ST? (have you been to Whistler?) People seem to talk about North Star but never heard anyone mention Kirkwood...STOKED.

· Registered
952 Posts
matt said:
Kirkwood's bike park is definitely leaps and bounds ahead of Whistler. It is the nicest place ever. Northstar isn't too far behind Kirkwood, either. Sooo sick.
I haven't been to Kirkwood, so I can't comment on it. I have been to both N* and Whistler many times and N* isn't even close to Whistler IMO. :skep:

· Registered
266 Posts
I liked Silver Star in Vernon BC better than Whister when i went there. The hill isn't barely as busy has runs similar to a-line and has north shore stunts and every thing Whister has except in a smaller package.

· Registered
3,467 Posts
Yes, I've been to Whistler, as well as Nelson and a few other places in between CA and BC that are super wicked awesome.

Unfortunately, Kirkwood is not one of them. That place sucks, and Northstar isn't anywhere near Whistler. I was being sarcastic. Sorry guys. :eekster:

· Registered
1,281 Posts
CPX baby. u just can not compete w/ our amazing 50feet of vertical drop and 200yard long runs, yes tahts right 200 YARDS:eekster: we got North Shore stuff, we got rocky DHs, we got DJ's and a DS course and even i tight sk8park that fits just barly 5 riders, so ur almost guaranty to have almost the whole place to ur self and no long lines for the tight fire road taht u get to walk up to the top of teh hill on. Whistler, pfff i spit on Whistler, it just simplay cant compare to siclyness of CPX.;) and on top off all that u get to smell the sweet aroma of the Juliet area waste dump that is strategically placed right near the trails so u don’t smell from all the sweating u do when ripping up the gnar:D

· Registered
531 Posts
i'm from nc and have visited both whistler and snowshoe. obvioulsy the skiing in whistler is much better, and i'd have to say, i enjoyed whistler much more. monster park has a variety of stuff thrown into a concentrated package meaning they lack in the techincal single track that whistler has. it seems like whistler gives you more options and suits more riding styles i think. monster park is a close second, but i'd still put whistler on top.

· Registered
26 Posts
doesn't snowshoe tear down monster park after the comp is done? A freind of mine went to that this year, said it was sick. We had the first monster park at marquette mtn and left it up all summer for the locals to shred. We dont have a bike park at the moment but plans are up for an a line style trail. If it goes down pics will be posted.

· Registered
105 Posts
Sombrio69 said:
CPX baby. u just can not compete w/ our amazing 50feet of vertical drop and 200yard long runs, yes tahts right 200 YARDS:eekster: we got North Shore stuff, we got rocky DHs, we got DJ's and a DS course and even i tight sk8park that fits just barly 5 riders, so ur almost guaranty to have almost the whole place to ur self and no long lines for the tight fire road taht u get to walk up to the top of teh hill on. Whistler, pfff i spit on Whistler, it just simplay cant compare to siclyness of CPX.;) and on top off all that u get to smell the sweet aroma of the Juliet area waste dump that is strategically placed right near the trails so u don't smell from all the sweating u do when ripping up the gnar:D
Yup, don't mess with the midwest!

Chip

· Registered
491 Posts
Where from?

squashyo said:
Every year we head to Whistler (and a little North Shore primer, of course) for amazing adventures. Are there any mountain bike parks out there that rival this mecca?
Squash,

where do you call home? If you live on the W.Coast & you drive to whistler, check out Blacrock: www.Brmba.org

No whistler, but a GREAT 1/2 day or full day stop on the way.

· Registered
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks!

Biker 57 (Blacrock: www.Brmba.org)

Thanks for the tip. I am in Santa Cruz, CA and I think you are talking Oregon. I'll put it on the list for sure. If you're ever down this way, we'll show you some tasty trails as well.

· Registered
23,745 Posts
You might want to look around for some good trails that arent part of any park system. I havent been to any bike parks or anything but i have ridden with people who have and they seem to like the local freeride trails a little better. This is being compared to Diablo.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.