Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Top Fuel
1,693 Posts
I bought some 2.35 fat alberts. The front "fit" theoretically, but was close (<10 mm) to the Shrader valve on the underside of of the headshok. In the back, it actually rubbed on the front derailer when in the small ring position.

In the end, I didn't like the sluggish/heavy feel anyway, so they're off.

I think different tires have different "volume" even if rated at the same 2.35", so there may be another tire out there that would work.

So, if anyone wants a set of hardly-used fat alberts, I know where you can get them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Talk to Shiggy.

Shiggy, who runs mtbtires.com (the site is down at the moment) has done some extensive measurements of various Tires... the spec your looking for is Volume Index. His site explains it well, but like i said, at the moment, his site is down.... You could probably catch him in the Tire and Wheel Forum if you have some questions about specific Tires.....
But your right, a rose is not always a rose. not all 2.35 tires are the same Volume.
I personally run Panaracer Rampages 2.35 on my 06' F600. which is a Furio Frame, but i'm sure they will fit the Caffiene. this is one of my favorite upgrades on my bike. I love the larger Volume tire. I run them at 30 psi, and it seems perfect for a trail tire for a Ultra Stiff Cannondale hardtail......softens the blow a little, you know? they are fast rollers too. would highly recommend them. but like i said keep checking back with Shiggy's site....hopefully he'll have it back up soon. the Volume Index is what you are looking for.
greenhill.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.