• SR Suntour Raidon

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I want to buy a DNM rear shock for a frame that accepts 190x50mm shock. DNM AO-38RC and SR Suntour Raidon fit perfectly, I know that for a fact (I've seen pictures).

I saw online reviews of DNM AOY-36RC that convinced me to want to use it. But the AOY-36RC is a 190x45mm shock. I would like your thoughts about using AOY-36RC. I realize it has 5mm less travel. From what I understand, there are no other drawbacks. If I agree to that compromise, what other issues I might encounter and will it work at all?

Basically I have budget for one of these three rear shocks:
  • DNM AOY-36RC
  • DNM AO-38RC
  • SR Suntour Raidon

Suggest away. Frame in question is SERAPH FM038.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If anyone stumbles upon this at future point in time, I believe the DNM AOY-36RC will fit just fine if someone is willing to sacrifice the 5mm shock travel. Note that 5mm shock travel normally equals more than 10mm frame travel, so have that in mind when willing to make the sacrifice.
Since I'm not a pro rider and don't need shock with dual adjustment, I'll go with the DNM AO-38RC after all. Should be the same shock, only with slightly less adjustment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.