Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you run a 1/8 chain with this? Also, does it adjust to chainline? Looking at a pic of it i cannot tell if the roller moves side to side???
Thanks in advance!

·
luddite
212 Posts
Yes and yes

E ! said:
Can you run a 1/8 chain with this? Also, does it adjust to chainline? Looking at a pic of it i cannot tell if the roller moves side to side???
Thanks in advance!
Here's a pic of my Tension Seeker. The cage position is adjustable and can be locked in position with a set screw. The cage width has plenty of clearance with my SRAM PC-1 chain.

Attachments

·
dutchie
52 Posts
E ! said:
Thanks in advance!
Not sure on the 1/8" chain. It's bassicly an MRP type roller that is mounted so if anyone has input on this.

The roller can move a bit from left to right, it's a bit floating. So just eyeball the chainline and the small differnce will be taken up by the roller itself. But it's 5 mm max if not less that the roller can take up. A pic would explain this better though.

I'll try to get a pic of my STS setup from above or below.

Richard.

·
Deadhead
367 Posts
There are two different DMR tensioners. The one in the picture has no issues with a PC-1 chain, but the other one will not. The groove in the roller is not quite wide enough for an 1/8" chain to roll smoothly. Found this out the hard way on a friends bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.