Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard some bad things about the DK Xenia's geometry (low BB,rides like an old 10 speed). I've heard some good things about the Eastern Night Train 2007. Any thoughts? I want to buy a DJ bike but don't know which way to go. I have raced BMX for 16 years and want to get a DJ bike. Any suggestions under $800.00?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Turbo2 said:
I've heard some bad things about the DK Xenia's geometry (low BB,rides like an old 10 speed). I've heard some good things about the Eastern Night Train 2007. Any thoughts? I want to buy a DJ bike but don't know which way to go. I have raced BMX for 16 years and want to get a DJ bike. Any suggestions under $800.00?
I've heard good things about the Xenia, but I think the Night Train is a much better bike. I have a 2007 model Night Train, that is for sale by the way (see my signature). Eastern makes great stuff :thumbsup:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I sure don't think the geometry on my Xenia is bad. I love the bike and think it was a great deal, leaving money for lighter parts. Where did you hear the geometry is an old 10 speed? I've heard nothing but good things from people who have ridden a Xenia. The frame is light and doesn't have fat awkward looking tubing. Here's mine...

I have gotten a Macneil black and orange pivotal seat, some Funn Full-Bore 2.5in rise bars, and a Kenda Small Block 8 rear tire since the pics were taken

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks. I've never ridden a Night Train and would imagine they are pretty nice, but most people end up switching out a ton of their stock parts anyway so you might as well buy a cheaper complete and then with the hundreds of dollars you save you could set it up with a gold label or argyle fork and some other sweet upgrades. Thats my 2 cents anyway

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.