Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting a DK general lee 24" cruiser and was wondering if anyone has experience with them and if i could get a low travel squish fork to fit ok on it.

Are they good for tricks and stuff or are they more race orientated?

·
Renegade of Krunk
604 Posts
From all I've heard it isn't the greatest idea to throw a squooshy fork on a GL. I'm planning on picking one up on Tuesday when I get paid. I'll probably build a new rear wheel for it since the stock wheel set is pretty bad from all I've heard. I'll just ride the stock front wheel until it goes out and replace it if that ever happens. I'm only 140lbs and I ride smooth, so I'm not too worried about it.

·
-arschloch-
867 Posts
E30Evolution said:
From all I've heard it isn't the greatest idea to throw a squooshy fork on a GL. I'm planning on picking one up on Tuesday when I get paid. I'll probably build a new rear wheel for it since the stock wheel set is pretty bad from all I've heard. I'll just ride the stock front wheel until it goes out and replace it if that ever happens. I'm only 140lbs and I ride smooth, so I'm not too worried about it.
I dont know who is having problems with those wheels. I have broken the handlebars and the forks on my GL, but the wheels are still fine. Maybe people should just realize that 1) with low grade wheels you have to check spoke tension and true your wheels 'regularly' and 2) bashing into square edged objects like curbs kills wheels...all wheels.

If you really feel the need to upgrade, here is the order i would suggest:

seatpost
pedals
cranks
headset
other stuff as you break it.
I've been rocking mine since summer 06 and it has held up OK:

·
destructionismyobjective
371 Posts
To clear things up I told him the wheels are absolut ****. My 3rd ride I destroyed mine. Not to say if your smoother than I you couldnt make em last. For me I am destructive and abusive so I now need a rear wheel and havent even made it to the park yet. Yeah for sure if you can do it ride it until it breaks but if you like to put the heat on em like me "I" would suggest a new wheel right off the bat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.