Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know. Don't post the location of jumps on a public forum. :nono: Read it a million times in Urban/DJ and on Pinkbike. Unfortunately I don't know how to ask about an area without giving sometype of description of the area. All I will say is the jumps were easily spotted on a recent road ride thru northern Carlsbad.

I walked the area and while someone has been doing some digging with the recent rains, drainage seemed to be causing some issues. If anyone is familiar with this spot and knows a good time to stop by and check out the action, PM and let me know.

I'm not a DJer(yet) but I'll occassionally hit a tabletop at the BMX track. Just want to know when to stop by and see some locals. PM or email.

Now, how do I xpost?????:confused:

maurice

·
Registered
58 Posts
Have you guys actually gone out and tried to look for jumps? I just found some yesterday that have been abandoned. The place looks good and I'm gonna start to build most likely. I am always finding new jumps all over the place, just go bike around for a while.

·
mtbr member
27 Posts
I drive by there when I take my daughter to her preschool and I noticed there is some City of Carlsbad permit application posted on the side of the road near the jump area. I can't really read it as I wiz by in the car. Anyone see what it says?

G

·
Hey, guys if you are talking about the area north of Lake Calavera, all that land, from Tamarack Drive on the west in Carlsbad, including the dam, and on a straight line to the east from there along the border of the grassland and the coastal sage scrub, to Oceanside and north to Oak Riparian Park along Lake Ave, is City of Carlsbad land, formerly managed by the Water Dept, now managed as a conservation easement by the Center for Natural Land Management.

The point is, the bmx jumps and other illegal trails were more or less ignored, but now will not be allowed. The Carlsbad Police Dept is paying more attention to the area now as well, so its probably best to find another place to build jumps. Some illegal trail building on State land nearby is creating headaches for the Dept of Fish and Game manager, and SDMBA is working with him on a trail erosion project to help educate riders about how to build with permission and ride responsibly.

If you want more legal places to ride, the way to do it is harness your energy behind that long term effort, and in the meantime, find other places besides Calavera to build.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.