Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, for the summer, my cousin and some friends are planning on making a nice 6 pack or something. It isn;t near a hill and is pretty much flat. Can someone post up pics of a drop in ramp they have ridden or built. It would be nice to see the jumps after it too.

so pst up those drop in rampps.

·
dirt rules
3,050 Posts
Build a tall sturdy platform. Build a ramp from the top of the platform to the ground. Build a ladder so you can climb up it, or build some stairs if you want to get fancy. It aint rocket science....
How you build it will be determined more by what materials you have access to or are willing to buy, than anything else.
Here's a sketchy one:

https://www.ihatebikes.net/pages/PDXgrotto.html

I've been there, and you can either climb up the pallets, or haul ass and ride up it. I preferred the latter method. :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That drop in ramp that sitting duck posted is pretty sweet. How many feet up is it? Yea, i think taking the packing crates things from behind stores is a GREAT ideaaaa. How should I hold them together?

·
Rollin' twenties.
1,635 Posts
ontario_bike said:
That drop in ramp that sitting duck posted is pretty sweet. How many feet up is it? Yea, i think taking the packing crates things from behind stores is a GREAT ideaaaa. How should I hold them together?
to hold em together screw them directly together when possible, or use scrap wood(which you get from dissasembaling a palate) to tack em together.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.