Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you advice me getting a set of disc brakes (mech) from a DJ bike??? I am afraid that the rotors may not be true or parts may not work as well as a result of the impact from dirt jumping....

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
I wouldn't think DJing would abuse a brake more than other types of riding. Rotors are an expendable part anyway, and jumping doesn't generally involve prolonged braking.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joules said:
I wouldn't think DJing would abuse a brake more than other types of riding. Rotors are an expendable part anyway, and jumping doesn't generally involve prolonged braking.
what about from the impact?

·
Registered
471 Posts
only if you crash and land directly on them! :D

Dirt jumping will not stress your rotors/brakes hardly at all, unless you consistently land extremely off-camber and weigh a ton. Even then, it's not something I would worry about- rotors are easy to bend back into shape.

·
I post too much.
6,445 Posts
Don't worry about it. I have never damaged a brake/rotor and I've been DJing for quite a bit(going on my third year of serious riding).

The only thing that may have happened is that the cable may have stretched quite a bit if the bars spun around a few times on a crash, but that's a very inexpensive fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts