Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have there yeti dj set up for xc?Looking for a bike to use at the pump and skills track and let the wife for xc.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I take my DJ on some XC trails. The geometry isn't the best, as it's a bit "bunched" up, and it's currently set up singlespeed, so the versatility isn't that broad. But, I have a total blast on it. The DJ really isn't designed for much (if any) sitting time, so I would let your wife cruise around the neighbor hood with it before taking it to the trails.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i am also considering the dj as a cross country bike. looking for a frame to replace an old gt zaskar that i use for a winter bike or when i feel like riding a hard tail. i know there are better frames for this but with the deal jenson is running it makes it a consideration. with the reference to sitting time is this because of the frame geometry?

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
The seat tube is very short, and is the same length in both sizes. I'm not sure what nixgame meant by sitting time, but I can't get a saddle to XC height on my DJ; a 410mm post isn't enough.

If the seat tube and TT length are workable, for an XC bike in your size... You can't run a front derailleur (which you may not want/need to, also you can run a hammerschmidt), and the head angle is a little slacker than most XC bikes - I don't know that I'd even call that a bad thing, just something to be aware of. It's built like a tank compared to any XC hardtail, but you already know that.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Joules said:
The seat tube is very short, and is the same length in both sizes. I'm not sure what nixgame meant by sitting time, but I can't get a saddle to XC height on my DJ; a 410mm post isn't enough.

If the seat tube and TT length are workable, for an XC bike in your size... You can't run a front derailleur (which you may not want/need to, also you can run a hammerschmidt), and the head angle is a little slacker than most XC bikes - I don't know that I'd even call that a bad thing, just something to be aware of. It's built like a tank compared to any XC hardtail, but you already know that.
What I meant by "sitting time," is pretty much how you explained it. It's tough to be "comfortable" sitting on the DJ. The seat tube is very short. When I ride XC trails, I do sit about 50% of the time, so on the DJ it makes it a bit uncomfortable after awhile.

I could swear that I have cable guides for a front derailleur though, not that I'm using one, but I don't see why you couldn't run one.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
They did have a stop for an FD at one point, mine has it ('05, I think, whenever they were silver). The ones Jenson shows don't have it.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Joules said:
They did have a stop for an FD at one point, mine has it ('05, I think, whenever they were silver). The ones Jenson shows don't have it.
Black ones had the stop also the Turquoise and Black had the stop in the catalog, but the production frame didn't.

·
Registered
554 Posts
dvo1 said:
Black ones had the stop also the Turquoise and Black had the stop in the catalog, but the production frame didn't.
Here's mine, I was told it's an '07. Along the toptube, there's cable routing guides for a f.derailleur

·
Registered
62 Posts
thanks for the heads up on no front der. didnt even realize you couldnt run one. between that and the short seat tube its not what i am looking for even at the great price jenson is selling it at. looks like a good deal on ebay right now for a cross country frame.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts