Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
VEGAN ATHLETE Racing
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My team mates and I are headed south for a 4 day self directed training camp next week. We are sport/expert/pro endurance and ultra endurance mountain bike racers.

Do you know of any good resources for designing a block of training.

Specifically i'm looking for suggestions on how to vary the four different days, which should be longer, which should be harder efforts, etc.

Thank ye.

·
rad to the power of sick
1,969 Posts
vuduvgn said:
My team mates and I are headed south for a 4 day self directed training camp next week. We are sport/expert/pro endurance and ultra endurance mountain bike racers.

Do you know of any good resources for designing a block of training.

Specifically i'm looking for suggestions on how to vary the four different days, which should be longer, which should be harder efforts, etc.

Thank ye.
sport, expert, pro. thats alot of disparity in abilities.

4 days isnt long enough to do a block of anything really, unless you;ve already got a well scripted plan and are planning to focus on a specific skill... even then its not long enough.

Generally every year when me and my buddies go south we go for 7-10 days, and we save our hardest ride for the 2nd last day so we can do a recovery ride on the last day.

Id suggest the same.. You dont want to fry yourself on the first day and have the rest of the rides be miserable.

·
VEGAN ATHLETE Racing
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, it's a bit of disparate, we are a small team.
We've all got our Base done and are starting our Build 2 with some high priority races coming up in a month or less.
To complicate things we do regular XC races and 8 hour events.
So, moderate effort endurance rides for first day or two and harder efforts the last day or two.
Recovery ride after I get home I suppose.
Nothing like a hard 4 hour ride followed right after by a 6 hour car drive. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.