Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i lost my charger for my blowtorch niterider, and instead of a 80 dollar charger, i was going to make my own by cutting a surlock cable and soildering it to a chager. i have the 13.2 nicmh water bottle. the charger i was planning on using is a 500ma with 14-15 vlts.

if any objecttions speak now....

also, the surlock is a niterider only? or can i get the cables somewhere else? i was also going to make a new batt.

also, also... does anybody know how many cells the waterbottle battery is?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Probably not a smart charger, but it doesn't have to say so. I've used dumb chargers on my nimh batteries, but they did have a timer on them to limit how long they would charge. Try not to overcharge the batteries. Maybe 12 hours max? Most dumb chargers charge at 1/10 capacity, so 10 hours to actually charge the battery.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so i got my charger working with my niterider "waterbottle" battery charged it for like 3 mins to see if it worked. and it worked. light..... so i let it fully charge. and now my light just dims red, and nothing. did i fry the battery? any thoughts?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.