Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Personally no, but on the DIY forum there were threads where folks experimented with different things. Satin finish Scotch tape was pretty popular on an optic face or reflector cover. Others had luck coating the glass over a reflector with satin clear coat spray.

Some even sprayed the reflector itself. IIRC there was something used on or near the nozzle to make the spray splatter so that the finish was sort of textured.

Might be worth some time spent searching that forum for those old threads.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
^^^ an array of parallel cylindrical lenses or prisms will refract light perpendicular to their long axes while not spreading it along their long axes. This is can be helpful on a light with a narrow circular beam.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Well, for my working headlight I've just made circular cut out of matt plastic cover from some box (folder) and put it over the lenses. It also made light more neutral white. Of course I lost about 20-30% lumens OTF, but light is nice evenly spreaded. I'm using it daily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.