Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...seen some good links, looks quite simple as i have a large power supply already-- anyone tried it and have good results?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I was looking at the same thing...cant find someone to do it so I was thinking of doing my own. I want to do my wife's components in pink......I figure if I screw it up I could just paint them pink

·
Registered
35 Posts
sure, i mean who hasn't done this??? WARNING, not sure what recipe you guys are seeing that "looks simple" but it's not. i had to use some serious chemicals (oven cleaner, sulphuric acid in high molar levels) and the process gives off hydrogen gas. plus it's real easy to make a spark with your power source. some stuff faded in about a month, some didn't. very inconsistant.

HAVE FUN. your better off paying to have it done right

ecoast, with is your avatar claiming west???
saxxon, hope your wifes not fat.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BikeLazer said:
sure, i mean who hasn't done this??? WARNING, not sure what recipe you guys are seeing that "looks simple" but it's not. i had to use some serious chemicals (oven cleaner, sulphuric acid in high molar levels) and the process gives off hydrogen gas. plus it's real easy to make a spark with your power source. some stuff faded in about a month, some didn't. very inconsistant.

HAVE FUN. your better off paying to have it done right

ecoast, with is your avatar claiming west???
What kind of power supply, how big is your tank, and how many amp/volts did you run?
...did you use a sealer? ...it should not fadde if you do it right.
I am familiar w/chemicals/gas protocals...no worries.

·
Registered
276 Posts
BikeLazer said:
LOL HAHAHAHA! shes not TG

and if I could find some one to do it i would be all over it, but so far nothing, I have tried some on line but they wont do one or two pieces (small order)... so any suggestions who does:thumbsup: I'm trying to customize the old ladies bike

·
I Fought The Lawn
123 Posts
just a tip; make sure you burnish or polish whatever it is you're anodizing, otherwise it just looks like a bad paint job. good luck, and of course, post pics!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
The Hired Wrench said:
just a tip; make sure you burnish or polish whatever it is you're anodizing, otherwise it just looks like a bad paint job. good luck, and of course, post pics!!
I plan on using a chemical polisher. my bud did his and they came mat blue, he likes it, kinda like flat blue ano..LOL... I dont like the way it looks so I will polish the bits.:) If I actually get around to it, when I get out of this damn bed:thumbsup:

this is a good start
http://www.focuser.com/atm/anodize/anodize.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.