Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll,

Just picked up a Diverge and I'm realizing finding shorter stems for the bike has been a tall task. Has anyone seen any 70mm/80mm's available anywhere? Guessing not. :)

Also interested in what's popular for a second wheelset. Mainly just looking to be able to run wider tires and do a little single track with it.

Thanks.

· Registered
136 Posts
Hey ya'll,

Just picked up a Diverge and I'm realizing finding shorter stems for the bike has been a tall task. Has anyone seen any 70mm/80mm's available anywhere? Guessing not. :)

Also interested in what's popular for a second wheelset. Mainly just looking to be able to run wider tires and do a little single track with it.

Thanks.
I believe you should have gotten a shim allowing you to use any stem on the future shock. I would reach out to your dealer to order one.

· Registered
136 Posts
He's saying if you want to use a standard 1 1/8 stem you can use the shim which came with your bike. There's tons of stems available right now if you aren't set on a proprietary Specialized stem.
Yes. That's what I meant. Thanks for translating my poor response. Haha. The shim allows you to install any 1 1/8 stem on the future shock. It makes up for the smaller diameter of the future shock. Then any 1 1/8 stem by any brand will then work on the future shock.

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. That's what I meant. Thanks for translating my poor response. Haha. The shim allows you to install any 1 1/8 stem on the future shock. It makes up for the smaller diameter of the future shock. Then any 1 1/8 stem by any brand will then work on the future shock.
Yep, got that about the shim, thanks guys. I may have found one actually. Thanks for the responses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.