Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
nocturnal oblivion
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ditch their Push-Loc or Pop-Loc bar lever and modify the motion control to be a knob adjustable at the crown by hand?
Getting tired of the clutter on my bars and while I use the motion control adjustment I can't find the necessity of a remote lever.

Could the spring inside be removed? Or is there a way to make it hand adjustable at the crown?

·
Registered
164 Posts
The MoCo unit has two versions, pop loc and regualr, Might have to get the regular unit but you cant turn the knob by hand?

·
The Punk Hucker
3,755 Posts
God this comes up very often these days. I did it myself last week. You can unhook the spring in the Moco damper very easily by unscrewing it from the top-cap (reverse threaded) and unhooking the spring.

I then isntlaled the manual lockout compression knob, but you could do without. Just remember to add an o-ring under the knob to give it resistance so it doesn't turn by itself.

If you have a blackbox damper it's a bit mor complicated since it cannot be unscrewed, it needs to be drilled then riveted back into place.

·
nocturnal oblivion
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
PissedOffCil said:
God this comes up very often these days. I did it myself last week. You can unhook the spring in the Moco damper very easily by unscrewing it from the top-cap (reverse threaded) and unhooking the spring.

I then isntlaled the manual lockout compression knob, but you could do without. Just remember to add an o-ring under the knob to give it resistance so it doesn't turn by itself.

If you have a blackbox damper it's a bit mor complicated since it cannot be unscrewed, it needs to be drilled then riveted back into place.
Works perfectly, removed the spring and managed to get an o-ring beneath the knob. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Someone here used an inline cable adjuster at the crown, cable stop inside adjuster to do this. I think there are pics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts