Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on checking out some used enduro frames/bikes this summer and was wondering what are some of the distinguishing features of each model year? From specializes website, the geometry look somewhat identical. Are there any physical features i can look at so that i know when i see one. I don't want to be duped into buying a 2002 frame thinking it is really a 2004.

thanks

·
Ride lots...
891 Posts
Other than paint schemes, I'm not sure. I don't know how easy it would be to research as far back as '02 though. The '04's come with a Float RL with ProPedal. I love my '04 Expert. I've had it for about 3 months now. Do yourself a favor and get an '04 if your wallet allows :D

Search for past posts about the '03's. I think some people may have had issues with the rear suspension bob.

Good Luck to you.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think that the only real differance is that the '04 shocks have pro prodel, other than that its just slightly different componenets and paint jobs.

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
I have an 04 expert and I love it as well. The pro pedal works great....and that is a tall order to fill for me too because I also ride an NRS2 which doesn't really bob at all. Also the ano frames on the 04's are :cool:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Go to the specialized site...

If you go to the mountian bikes section of the specialized site, they still have their 02, 03, and obviously, 04 bikes up. You can look at the paintjobs/components for each to determine what year you are looking at.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts