Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure why but I have a compulsion to ride from my house (So Kirkland) to Soggy Pass and back via the trails. I'm trying to figure out the total distance but I've never done the NB to the Pass leg.

I thought I'd use my Cross-check with 30's (Mich Cross-jet) but the damn thing is probably almost as heavy as my FS mountain bike...

TIA!

Thomas

·
Registered
253 Posts
You can ride from the Red Hook Brewery over the Tolt Pipeline or Puget Power trail to the Snoqualmie River Valley to pick up the Snoqualmie Valley Trail (rail-trail), take that down to Snoq Falls, do a bit of road, and get to Snoqualmie town. That's about 27-28 miles.

In Snoqualmie, you can get on the John Wayne/Iron Horse trail, ride to Rattlesnake Lake, and then all the way to the pass and through the 2 mile tunnel. That's another 28-30 miles or so.

And then you can continue to Ellensburg...

There's info on the BBTC site with links to State Parks maps and such
http://bbtc.org/wiki/index.php?title=Trail:Iron_Horse

I think all this is also in John Zilly's book "Kissing the Trail"... not sure off the top of my head.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx!

Yes, that's the route I had in mind. I've done it from my house to Fall City, just not the bit on to the Pass.

I'm coming up with approx 120-125miles round trip and 3,500 cumulative elevation with a rough sketch on veloroutes.org.

·
Registered
253 Posts
If you haven't gone past Fall City, you'll want to check out the connection from Tokul to Snoqualmie on the map. When you get to the little tunnel, you'll find that the railtrial dead-ends & there's a side trail to the left that drops you onto a paved street (SE 60th). Go left on that street, then left onto Tokul Road. Go about half a mile, take a left before you hit 202 (or take a quick detour to view the Falls) onto Stearns, which becomes Mill Pond Rd, and after less than 2 miles you'll see a railroad bridge that's the continuation of the railtrail.

(I'm doing this off the map--haven't actually biked that bit myself.)

·
Moist and Delicious
555 Posts
That's right, though. Good map reading skilz! :)

Instead of all those lefts, you could just climb up the trail at the little tunnel (to the right), and viola! Tokul rd. Just follow that, to the right, and follow roundnround's directions. Good as gold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.