Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
beer thief
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ruptured my left biceps tendon playing hockey last night. Surgery to reattach it on Wednesday, then a long recovery period - 3 months before I can start strengthening exercises, 6 to 12 for hopefully full recovery.

This is not the way I wanted my summer to go. On a positive note, it is my left arm, both my legs still work, and I can ride a bike one-handed. Yeehaa

Two years ago I ruptured my achilles tendon and was out for 7 weeks before being able to ride with a boot. That wasn't so bad, somehow this seems like it may be longer.

Anyone with words of wisdom for me?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
No wisdom but I just had surgery for a ruptured pectoral tendon. It hurts more right now than after I tore it but the recovery time is only 8 weeks. I'll be doing cardio as soon as the pain eases up but only spin bikes for many weeks, don't want to risk re injury.

·
Registered
1 Posts
radair said:
I ruptured my left biceps tendon ...

Anyone with words of wisdom for me?
Hi radair,

I had my biceps repair surgery in July - things do improve quickly.

There is a forum dedicated to distal biceps rupture that may be helpful - you can find it here:
Distal Biceps Tendon Rupture Surgery Forum

The forum members are patients (not doctors) who have had or are going to have distal biceps tendon repair surgery.

There is a lot of information there and the group is very supportive.

I hope your recovery is going well.

MIke

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mikrodots said:
Hi radair,

I had my biceps repair surgery in July - things do improve quickly.

There is a forum dedicated to distal biceps rupture that may be helpful - you can find it here:
Distal Biceps Tendon Rupture Surgery Forum

The forum members are patients (not doctors) who have had or are going to have distal biceps tendon repair surgery.

There is a lot of information there and the group is very supportive.

I hope your recovery is going well.

MIke
Hi Mike,

After your tendon surgery, have you encountered any side effects or changes?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.