Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know when the Dissent tire will be available? I have my PBJ coming sometime soon and need tires.

I am getting i9 building me a set of wheels with Gordo rims. Anyone run Dissent and Gordo rims tubeless? I know salsa says no tubeless but I may want to run the tubeless for DH. If so what did you do?

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,359 Posts
sikocycles said:
Anyone run Dissent and Gordo rims tubeless? I know salsa says no tubeless but I may want to run the tubeless for DH. If so what did you do?
Stan's tape, Gordo, Dissent is zero problemo. The thing is tight and has not lost any air. this is the first tire I have successfully run on a Gordo tubeless without issues. Just put some goop in it and air it up.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Enel said:
Stan's tape, Gordo, Dissent is zero problemo. The thing is tight and has not lost any air. this is the first tire I have successfully run on a Gordo tubeless without issues. Just put some goop in it and air it up.
Thats great news. The place I DH the most is super rocky. I am afraid of flats with the tires and tubes. I hope with the tubeless I can run lower pressure and now worry about that.

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,359 Posts
sikocycles said:
Thats great news. The place I DH the most is super rocky. I am afraid of flats with the tires and tubes. I hope with the tubeless I can run lower pressure and now worry about that.
I don't think you have to worry much about pinch flats either way. I have never seen/held/ridden a tire with sidewalls as thick and beefy as this one. My background is pure XC, so this thing is a whole new world.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sure hope your right. I sent WTB an email yesterday to see when the tires will be ready to go. I have the Niner tires also and the sidewalls are not the thick. Hope the Dissents are thicker

·
Registered
56 Posts
sikocycles said:
New to this, why are you more likely to get flats if running a tube, thanks

·
Working Man's Toilet
834 Posts
a1rports said:
New to this, why are you more likely to get flats if running a tube, thanks
These are Downhill (DH) and/or Very aggressive riding/terrain tires- they are very wide and beefy. Tires grip better at lower pressure, BUT with a tube, lower pressure subjects you to "snake bites" or "pinch flats". These occur when a rider strikes an obstacle and the tire compresses to the point of pinching the tube between the tire/obstacle and the rim, causing 2 small cuts in the tube and instantaneous loss of pressure. A tubeless system has no tube and therefore cannot get this type of flat.

·