Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My front disk always seem to touch the breaks, when I spin the wheel while the bike is off the ground it hardly spins, maybe one or two revolutions. While riding it squeecks and when I break it howls.

I'm not sure how to adjust it, any advice would be great.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
No way to even venture a guess...

without knowing the brand and type of brakes, i.e. brand and whether they are mechanical (cable actuated) or hydraulic. Also whether the drag on the rotor is constant or intermitant. There's too much missing information here to help you out!

Good Dirt

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Bikinfoolferlife said:
Go to the brake forum and read the faq, it's very helpful.
Excellent advice. But that FAQ can be easy to miss -- it's in the upper right hand corner of the forum screen, not in the posting section itself.

It's a good idea to ensure the calipers themselves are mounted properly. See the included instructions that came with your bike, or download them from your manu's website. Also, Park Tools website has excellent information on proper set-ups.

http://www.parktool.com/repair/byregion.asp

Once you've gone through all of that, post back up in the Brakes section if you still have troubles. Be sure to ID the type of brakes you have when/if you do that. XSL_WiLL is THE go-to guy for brake info, IMHO. Good stuff.

Cheers, Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.