Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to perfect the spacing of my disk brakes. They rub ever so slightly making a mild sound, not slowing rotation significantly. Up front it can be achieved with the use of additional spacers. In back, it is more difficult. The disk runs VERY close to the outside of the caliper housing--so spacers can't be used on the disk or caliper mounts. There are only two ways I can think of to improve this. 1) Put a washer on the axle just inside the brake-side drop-out; this would widen the rear axle stack, and move the caliper out. 2) Have the frame faced again to remove just about a mm of frame--the shop faced it when they installed the brakes.

Also, I have screwed the front disk bolts in and out a couple of times playing with the spacers, should I apply new Locktite?

P.S. The brakes are Magura Louise, a couple of years old.

·
J'aime le Dunkeld
110 Posts
Are louise brakes open system? My julie's were, if not then sorry, and ignore this. It could be that the lever has been pressed a touch without the wheel on, and the calipers have moved in slightly, so the pads are actually slightly too close. A couple of flathead screwdrivers to force the calipers back in would sort that out if it is the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.