Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone looking at buying this RX on Ebay :
http://cgi.ebay.com/TITUS-RACER-X-R...ryZ98083QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It is clearly not a 2004 or even a 2003 with the old style 2 piece X link and the welded outer plates on the chainstay box. I suspect 2002. The only thing 2004 about this bike frame are the stickers. Can anyone else confirm this ?

I've emailed the seller saying I think it is an older frame. Hopefully he'll ammend.

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
Looks a 2002, maybe early 2003, Hammerhead 100-X. Things that say 2002 are the 2 piece links and welded boxed chainstay. The downtube/headtube gusset would indicate that it's a HH. As far as I know, the only production RX that had the gusset was the X-Large.

·
Banned
6,069 Posts
i got an 03 in October with the x link man that one on eBay looks too clean compared to mine although 100% mechanically sound my frame has chain suck scars dent's on the down tube and scratches all over it from use :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.