Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 30% off deal on a 2018 SB5.5 at my LBS. I've tried it at my local trails and loved it. But I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on how much better the redesign of the SB150 is over the 5.5? Do you all think it's worth sacrificing the top level components I'd get with the 5.5 for the new SB150 geometry? Or is the SB5.5 owner not missing on THAT much from the geometry improvements (I'm thinking the steeper STA and slacker HTA that every company seems to be moving towards)?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
In my opinion, the sb150 is a bike intended for burlier descending than the 5.5. You need to ask yourself if you need that much bike.

I much prefer the newer geometry due to the improvement in steeper ST angle and reach. Owned a 5.5 for 2+ years and have no complaints yet on my new sb130.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
You can't compare the 5.5 and the SB150, they are two different bikes! The SB130 replaces the 5.5, the SB150 has been made to go on even gnarlier trails AT GREAT SPEED ...

The 5.5 is a very very capable and can do everything ... I wouldn't want to go on an adventure with the 150, too much of a bike.

If it was me I'd go 5.5 full spec, save some cash in the process and call it a day! Unless you start to consider the SB130

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, if given the choice I might go for the 150 over the 130 anyways seeing that my gf and I usually just go to the bike parks, not many "adventure" rides. The little riding I've done on a 5.5 makes me think it can handle the gnarlier stuff we usually do, so I guess I'll save on the components go with that and constantly wonder what might have been with the 150.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.